Prep Time: 90 minutes
Makes 10 chocolate cups
A chocolate cup with a salty peanut butter inside with a layer of sweet strawberry jam.
· 125 grams smooth peanut butter
· 40 grams ghee butter, room temperature
· 80 grams icing sugar
· 400 grams chocolate (I used 200 grams Easter eggs and 200 grams dark chocolate)
· 90 grams strawberry jam
1. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and a baking tray with one sheet of baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, add peanut butter, ghee butter and icing sugar begin mixing together using an electric mixer. Beat until a soft thick dough begins to form. Roll mixture into 10 equal balls and place them onto your prepared tray and place in the fridge.
3. Melting chocolate- Heat in microwave or on the stove. Remember if your heating in the microwave be careful not to over cook the chocolate. You will need to work quick as the chocolate will start to harden once taken out the microwave.
4. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds (or 20 seconds if at a high temperature) give it a stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
5. Once the chocolate has completely melted. Remove peanut butter balls from the fridge. Coat liners with 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate into the bottom and place a peanut butter ball in the center, flatten it using your fingers.
6. Add a teaspoon of jam onto the top of each peanut butter ball. Cover jam and peanut butter ball with more chocolate so it is completely covered. Pop your chocolate cups into the fridge for at least one hour or until set.
7. Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.